Google search

Google
 

Thursday, March 20, 2008

World Travelers

I just got back from Dublin, I had went over for Saint Patrick's Day. It was huge, much bigger then the Chicago Loop and the Chicago South Side parade combined. Reports say that there were 870,000 people in attendance....imagine the Guinness that poured that day!!!! I did my fair share to help.

But, low and behold, who was the first band in the parade? None other than the Marching Illini! Since there wasn't going to be a NCAA tourney appearance this year....alas, neither a NIT appearance....they were spectacular! They had the flag corps there, followed by the full band. They sounded good. They played some popular parade patriotic songs while they passed me, (I was situated on Dame St. just across from Temple Bar district. What a joy. I saw them in Pasadena at the Rose Bowl in January and now in Dublin. Ironically, I didn't see them in Champaign this year. How funny. Enjoy the video clip.

No comments: